Update: I added some more info on the specs of the new camera 🙂
In my last two posts there were a lot of hype about the Nikon D3x and I did manage to scour the internet for some good old rumours about the launch and perhaps leaked details. Now that the official leaked details are out and that it has been displayed on Nikon’s Pro magazine, I can’t help but look at myself and think that it doesn’t really matter that much to me.
Yes its great to have the extra megapixel count, and yes its expensive. Perhaps I might be more interested in it when I start doing commercial photography or landscape photography. But at the moment, I have to improve on my own skills first. Make do with what I have and then I can only progress onwards from there.
Anyway if you are interested in the camera, you can find out more information about it here, here and here.
What will be the market’s response to this camera especially at the time of a financial crisis amidst a global recession?
- 24.5-megapixel CMOS FX format sensor
- Full resolution shooting at 5 FPS
- ISO from 100-1600 (expandable to 50-6400)
- TIFF, JPEG or NEF (RAW) file formats up to 138MB (wah lau eh! nowonder there are already 16Gb CF cards available already)
- Newly updated EXPEED image processing system
- Expected price, USD$8000.
Image gallery available here.
Other related links below.
- Official announcement by Nikon Malaysia
- 28-page PDF brochure on the Nikon D3X from Rob Galbraith’s site (its a download link)
- The World is your Studio (Nikon Imaging)
3 thoughts on “Nikon D3x, its finally here, am I impressed?”
Those who need it will still buy it. I don't see the D3x as a camera that people buy for fun or because they want to try FF.
The D3x is catered to people who knows what they need in a camera. And for those people, they can probably get the return of investment in a jiffy.
I'm still looking forward to buy a Nikon D40, others are too expensive for poor people like me. lol
buy first, put on installment 🙂