I use a set of Ohlins suspension for my BMW E90 320d and it is by far one of the best purchases I have made in terms of a car modification. It is plush, perfect for daily use and yet when needed, it can handle corners smoothly and confidently. Now that my hobbies have shifted a bit from track driving towards mountain biking, Ohlins again has once again popped up.
Recently Ohlins released their latest TTX AIR SHOCK and their RXF 36 TRAIL FORK which are targeted for trail and enduro mountain bikers. Just recently my friends just installed the TTX Coil Shocks for their Specialized Turbo Levo’s and the feedback I received from them are nothing but amazement. Made me think twice about upgrading my rear shocks to the Ohlins TTX Coil Shocks as well.
Here are the specs for the two new products.
FEATURES TTX AIR SHOCK
The first versions will be available from end of October 2018.
- Air sprung shock based on the successful TTX 22 M shock
- Improved performance and robustness: combines the proven superior damping function of the TTX-technology with a new air spring design
- Makes individual tuning simple: adjustable low-speed compression, adjustable rebound, high-speed compression adjuster and third possible as climb mode
- Air spring volume spacers included in the kit
- Added support and bushing overlap
- A more robust air spring with improved side load management
- A specific wiper seal and air sleeve lubrication that reduce friction throughout the service interval
- Adjustable low-speed compression
- Adjustable rebound
- High-speed compression adjuster
- Metric 190/210/230/250 mm lengths
- Trunnion 165/185/205/225 mm lengths
- Climb mode
FEATURES RXF 36 TRAIL FORK
The first versions will be available spring 2019.
- Based on TTX 18 dampening from the DH Race Fork, but reworked to give optimal traction and control
- Cartridge kit featuring trail-optimized 18 mm piston for improved small bump sensitivity
- Increased damping pressure bandwidth
- Improved damping valve response and sensitivity
- Adjustment range for trail to Enduro race use: 15 clicks of low-speed compression and low-speed rebound and 3 clicks of high-speed compression
- Air: travel 120-180 mm
- Coil: travel 130 -170 mm
- Independent spring system
- Independent damper system
- Retuned air spring system
- 36 mm upper tube diameter
- Offset 27.5 (46 mm and 38 mm)
- Offset 29 (51 mm and 44 mm)
- Compatible maximum tire sizes 29×2.8 / 27.5×2.8 / 27.5+x3.2
- Prepared for mudguard
- Race proven setting bank
- Overall improvements for reducing friction